Welcome to Dublin Animal Hospital! It is our desire to provide the best possible veterinary medical and surgical services. We strive to be regarded as the premier animal hospital in our area and to ensure that each client and pet be treated with the same respect and care that we would want for ourselves and our pets.
Dublin Animal Hospital was first established by Dr. Greer in 1948 and served the veterinary needs of both large and small animals until 1954 when the practice was purchased by Dr. Lewis Springer. In 1957, Dr. David Stanley was hired as an associate veterinarian to assist in handling the growing case load. Dr. Stanley purchased the practice in 1965 and changed it to a primarily small animal practice in 1980. Many additions and changes were made to the original building and hospital site to stay abreast of the latest American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) recommendations and allow expansion as the client base grew.
Dr. Mary May joined the practice in October 1990 and became full time in February 1991. In 1994, Dr. Stanley expressed his wish to retire in 1–2 years. Accordingly, Dr. May purchased the practice, land and facilities in January of 1996. In 2001, a new site was purchased and a state of the art building planned and built to further improve the quality of care offered to clients and patients. Open house was held in May 2002. Since then, Dublin Animal Hospital has enjoyed serving the health and well being needs of New River Valley pets and their people in a modern, spacious, conveniently located and easily accessible hospital.